Pages

22 août 2018

Is this legit or a hoax?

Is this legit or a hoax? Horrible (trollish) X-Card implementation in Dark Tides, a Wrath & Glory adventure. Supposedly. Is this true?

9 commentaires:

  1. What's wrong with it? Am I missing something?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It's not an x-card, it's a fearmonger's caricature. Why a BIG RED X? Why a card for each player? Why its effect is to stop the adventure? (and: is this use of the word scenario usual in this context?)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. To be clearer, I am wondering whether:
    - the image is legit and this is an honest misunderstanding,
    - the image is legit and the author(s) is (are) trolling,
    - the image is a fake

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Seems like a misunderstanding/mistranslation re: the word "scenario" the rest isn't really different to how the x-card works, albeit poorly explained.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I’m not sure I follow. Colored so it catches attention? Each player gets one so no one has to reach across a crowded table to reach the card? I don’t know if the image is real or fake, but I’m not sure I see what’s wrong, myself.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I don't know it it's real.
    I don't know if it's a troll.

    That said, I don't think the color of the X makes any difference. Nor do I think that scenario in that context means the entire game. This feels like a legit way of telling people it's okay to use the X card for horror roleplaying.

    In fact, rereading the entire page up there, I am positive you are reading it wrong. They use the word scenario earlier to describe a personal scene for a character, saying to 'move on' in a player is not into it. So no, I don't think this a troll or done in bad faith.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. If it used the word "situation" instead of "scenario" this seems to be pretty similar to a standard X-card to me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Yes. I was tripped by ma native French, where scénario is firmly used to mean adventure or module, like it is the case for CoC in English. And by some prior discussion that primed me in a wrong interpretation. Thank you all.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I mean, even in English scenario is usually used to refer to an entire adventure or evening of gaming. I guess this game has a peculiar definition of a scenario.

    If I'm not mistaken Wrath & Glory is being developed by a German team, maybe it's an awkward translation issue.

    RépondreSupprimer