Pages

19 mars 2018

I often stand when I GM (around a table, in front of my computer, I always stand), and the other players stay seated.

I often stand when I GM (around a table, in front of my computer, I always stand), and the other players stay seated. It's rare when I stand up when I am non-gming player among seated pairs. (Except at that game where a houserule specify that everything you say while seated is IC, everything you say while standing is OOC.) I think I will stand up more. Do you stand up as a non-gm ?

5 commentaires:

  1. When I mastered in a place where it's possible (quite rare) I walk around the table. In this manner, I can speak in the back of a player, I can declaim in movment, captiving players.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It really helps to keep the game alive. Macadabre asks the players to be standing with a seated GM and in Axel Tentacle'sJeudi JdBière 4 they speak about how it impacts games dynamics. It got me thinking.
    youtube.com - Jeudi JdBière #04 - "Jd pas-de-Respect"

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Next time I GM live, I think I'll try not to have a seat at all (if possible). I am pretty sure I could do it for a The Sprawl game, for instance.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I rarely do it, if only because I'm a lazy sod, but also because you lose the surprise effect of suddenly springing up and sitting down again in moments of excitement.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. No matter what my role I get up frequently and walk around.

    RépondreSupprimer