Pages

30 janvier 2019

I asked MeWe to erase my profile.

I asked MeWe to erase my profile. It warned that it was irreversible, I confirmed, it said it was done. Good. Except everything is still all there. (And, BTW, I could not download my data, none of my messages are in the archive.)

3 commentaires:

  1. Maybe it takes some time to work? I deleted my account there back in October, and I get a 404 error when I try to go my previous page now.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Right Nick Wedig, now I can't login anymore. But it shouldn't say "it's done" when it isn't.

    Jennifer Fuss I am not going anywhere really. People I'd like to stay in touch with – mostly in the sense of being able to read what they write – are moving to diverse platforms, and I just can't do such a round. And I don't like many platforms for myself. I can't get the hang of Mastodon or Twitter and I like too long text too much. Facebook is a no. Diaspora really lacks protections, control and groups. Friendica is a bit too technical and federation with Diaspora network / Activitypub is too random. Hubzilla is really too technical. (And both are a bit sore on my eyes.) Discord and Slack are fragmented, but I found nice groups there (some French groups on Discord, the Indie Game Reading Club on Slack). So I guess it's mostly back to reading blogs and participating in a few forums, maybe tied by an rss reader. Maybe I'll really open a blog, someday.

    RépondreSupprimer