Pages

28 juin 2014

Rob Donoghue nous encourage à backer Urban Shadows, grosso-modo une version Powered by the Apocalypse du World of...

Rob Donoghue nous encourage à backer Urban Shadows, grosso-modo une version Powered by the Apocalypse du World of Darkness.

Originally shared by Rob Donoghue

It is absolute self-interest that pushes me to encourage you to back Urban Shadows.

If it were not, then I would not tell you about it, because
a) it has funded
b) it is absolutely awesome as is
c) i don't want to share.

BUT

The stretch goals! The damnable stretch goals!

See, if they hit $28k, Ajit George writes the guide to Bangalore. 

Maybe the awesomeness of that is not immediately obvious to you.  That's cool.  But it is obvious enough to me that I feel I must promote this kickstarter rather than attempt to hide it away in the darkness.

I get that just saying "It's awesome" is a poor pitch, so I lay down a few more data points:

* It's basically what happens when the structures of Urban Fantasy (on the darker, more WW end of the spectrum) mash up with the *World system.
* As such, in addition to cool magic and monsters, it has an entire system for handling group,s organizations and stuff like that. I have already stolen some of the ideas from that in my own game. 
* The writers are top-notch, but that is only half the picture.  If you look at the stretch goals that have unlocked so far, you will find a number of interesting city guides written by people you may or may not recognize. If you take some time to dig into who these people are, you will find they are uniquely qualified to write the their particular section, so much so that I'm excited to see what they have to say.

I am pretty sure this game is going to be as influential as Dungeon World. I would place money on it. And it has funded, so you can absolutely afford to wait and see.

But I have no idea why you would want to.[1]

[1] - I mean, aside from the fact that it costs money. That is occasionally inconvenient. 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1287928832/urban-shadows-rpg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire