Pages

18 septembre 2016

Multivector spam is my new bane.


Multivector spam is my new bane. It crept slowly, now it is fully upon me and I don't really have weapons to fight it.

Dear Publisher,

I already receive your information through your newsletter. You also send it to me through the "project updates" of your kickstarters, where you mingle it with legitimate project update. You continue to do this long after projects end. I follow you here on G+, I get the same updates, mingled with other news. Probably multiple times, as many of you will publish it in multiple venues (publicly, to your circles, to diverse communities). Probably I also follow some people who create the games you publish, they echo your news in their streams. And I follow some other fans of your stuff, who do the same. All in all, I probably get the same "news" 5 to 20 times in a short time span. (Happily I am not really into Twitter nor Facebook, I guess it is similar there, or worse.)

What does it mean? Publishers, I am getting really irritated at you. I already unsubscribed from your newsletter and G+ profile. I will unsubscribe from any kickstarter project updates as soon as you use it more for general communication than for the project. I'd like to be informed, but I'll choose no information over spam flood any day.

Folks who echo these kind of news, I'd really appreciate if you put them in a dedicated collection. I do pass on these kind of news myself, I put them in my News & announcements echo chamber collection.

2 commentaires: