Pages

11 décembre 2017

As a player, I specifically mean not-gamemaster (when\re applicable) not-host, are you sometimes the one that brings...

As a player, I specifically mean not-gamemaster (when\re applicable) not-host, are you sometimes the one that brings the X-Card at the table? How do you do that?

#x-card

8 commentaires:

  1. I don't, this is the facilitator's job. If I feel the need for that protection, because of the game we are going to play or the group I am playing with, I will talk to the facilitator suggesting he introduce some kind of protection techniques in his game.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes, because I think it is important to make safe spaces.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. As for how: "there's an affordance mechanism I really like and think we should use called the x-card......"

    That is, just mention it like anything else important.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Have you ever faced rejection of that offer ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Kinda. I was guesting at somebody's home game. Invited from the internet. They didn't really see the need. In the absence of other systems and as this was a table where I felt I could protect myself without it, I let it slide.

    Next time, I hosted for those guys and brought in the x-card.

    If it's a game of strangers, like at a con? Essentially.

    If it's a game of friends? Then is hope everyone cares enough about the other people to use something like it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. "Hey, are you planning to use any content or safety tools? I use either Script Change or the X-card. I think it would be best to have one out, in my experience it makes the game more fun and comfortable. I can explain it if you want?"

    I basically always ask for one if it's not put out before we start dialogue about the game. To date I haven't had anyone refuse, though I've had some grumpy goats about it mostly on the player side.

    I should have equal power as the GM to ask for people to agree to a social contract with me if I am going to join in a game with them. If a GM vetoed using a safety mechanism, I would strongly consider leaving the table, and tell them exactly why: if they don't think safety is important, I don't want to play with them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Brie Sheldon​​ "if a gm vetoed A safety mecanism" you mean all safety mecanism right?

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Luke Wayland If they vetoed using one at all, I mean.

    RépondreSupprimer