Pages

11 décembre 2017

> disengaging from patreon - in progress %%%%%%%

> disengaging from patreon - in progress %%%%%%%

I'd be quite happy to support you elsewhere.

6 commentaires:

  1. Luke Wayland because I do not like the latest fee changes, even less the language that was used to present it and even less the thought model I surmise behind it.

    I guess I am playing in Patreon's hand. I don't care.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Amanda Palmer made some good points about this, basically that we live in a capitalist society and there isn't going to be a platform that supports artists and isn't interested in money. The latest fees are a huge screwup on Patreon's part, I know I'm going to have to redistribute my support and it'll end up getting less money to artists. I don't know how to decide which artists I'll have to stop supporting, it sucks a lot. But Patreon is still probably one of the better ways to support those artists.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Were I to share this analysis, "how do I best support artists" isn't the only factor in my decision.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. As I wrote elsewhere, right now I believe they're backtracking because it's hurting their bottom line and image more than anticipated, not because of some clients-products were inconvenienced. Of course I am still angry, that surely affects my judgement.

    My most cynical part believe much worse things.

    RépondreSupprimer