Pages

27 juillet 2016

Yesterday there was that shitstorm.

Yesterday there was that shitstorm. It probably isn’t over yet, but I want to write about yesterday. I wasn’t on my best conduct. I actually picked up some feces, and throwed it farther away, falling prey to the old “if you don’t do anything, you’re actually supporting that shitty behavior I accuse the other party of”. This isn’t right. I understand the reasoning when one is witnessing a direct act occurring before their own eyes, with enough contest to understand without doubts that what is occurring is clearly wrong. But that doesn’t apply to a years old feud, where I have only a very partial knowledge of what happened and what is happening, where everything is very muddy, so muddy that everyone involved – and even some passersby – are so covered in mud. There I have no right to intervene, nor do I have a duty to. I have no duty, no legitimacy and no ability to investigate what happened, to interpret what I find and finally to pass any kind of judgment other than “well, they all look quite muddy to my eyes”. No duty, no legitimacy, no ability. That’s why I’ll keep silent, and I won’t accept to be accused of thus helping any side.

2 commentaires:

  1. Probably for the best. When emotions are running high and you only get to see the top side of the iceberg, the best course of action is often to read and listen. I read the blog post and found myself agreeing with most of it, then read the reactions and understood that this specific issue had many layers, and that it was probably a good idea to sit this one out.

    It's tempting to support the original post because it fits with our wish to put an end to the mind-boggling feuds that plague our small community. But it turns out that sometimes, people are fighting for reasons you can't quite understand. So yeah. Reading and listening.

    TL,DR: wise decision in my book!

    RépondreSupprimer