Pages

7 août 2017

Fake profiles.

Fake profiles. I have been having a steady influx of fake G+ users subscribing to one of my G+ collection for days now. (I guess the bot are subscribing to the collection to get some credibility.) Probably a bit more then 200 fake subscribers right now. It really pollutes my notifications stream. And I don't like being used by what I suppose are spammers and scammers. What can I do? I can't go manually check and block so many profiles. What can I do? What should I do? (My experience with Google support is that they never answer back.)

6 commentaires:

  1. Block them all except the ones you already recognise by name?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Not really doable. The collection has 730 followers, around 200 fakes, so around 500 legit followers. I don't know that much by name. I have to check profile by profile. I have to block each one individually, that's around 1000 clicks and sifting through a 700 profile long list.

    Moreover, I am not sure that blocking a profile will erase their "interest" in this public collection. And it won't stop the notification flood.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Is it worth worrying about? As long as you don't follow them back (which is what they're probably fishing for) what does following your collection get them?

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I don't really know, Dan Maruschak. I suppose it lend a bit of credibility to their profile, and I don"t like participating in that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Not really, no, if you do not follow back they cannot force you nor post in your name

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. However my collection appears on their profile.

    RépondreSupprimer