Pages

6 août 2015

#RPGaDAY2015 – Day 6 – Most recent RPG played: Apocalypse World, what else?

#RPGaDAY2015 – Day 6 – Most recent RPG played: Apocalypse World, what else? (Let me lament, once again, on how it has been and still is unavailable in my native French for far too long.)
http://apocalypse-world.com

4 commentaires:

  1. I didn't know AW wasn't avaible in french. NNever search for it, I always get my books in the language they were written (when possible). After all those years and the success it had it's kind of absurd that it didn't get any translation.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It had a translation, it is just out of print.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Well same thing for the english version as well. I suppose we're gonna have to wait for AW 2e

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Too many French RPGer would simply never consider playing a game in another language. French AW has been out of print for a year and a half (maybe more, I do not know the details). There isn’t nor was a French pdf for sale. The publisher is in a weird Schrodinger-cat like state and rather silent. Three months ago they quietly liquidated their online store; there were a few last remaining AW books available. It’s not very clear if anyone has the translation rights and, with the incoming 2nd edition, I understand no one would risk reprinting the 1st ed for the smallish French market. So in all probability, French-only gamers will have to wait a new translation, which takes time too. Nobody’s fault, really, but sad.

    RépondreSupprimer