Pages

6 novembre 2015

Can any Frank Herbert’s Dune fan here help me find a quote?

Can any Frank Herbert’s Dune fan here help me find a quote? I do not have my books anymore. It’s a tense conversation, someone Is trying to get information by surprising his opposite in the conversation. There are some considerations on the conversation strategy - which are the quote I am seeking. Something like keeping to one conversation line to decrease suspicion then suddenly bring something from another line to catch once opposite off-balance. Anyone?

6 commentaires:

  1. Une idée des personnages impliqués (et/ou vaguement du cycle concerné) ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. No idea, sorry, it's been years. I have the impression it should be in the firsts books, probably involving Paul or Jessica (gee I can remember characters'name without looking them up, that's very unusual for me), but from experience these are very dangerous memories to build a search on.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. je crois que c'est l'interrogatoire de Lady Jessica avec Thufir Hawat.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. At the dinner table, before the harkonen attack?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. The trouble is I don't have the books anymore, I gave them to someone who needed them more then I do.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Man I've just read the Dune novel and I'm beginning Dune Messiah.
    And that doesn't ring a bell: you need to be more specific.
    Although, that may be the Messiah's first chapter where you have the conspirators' meeting. Because you have the Bene Tleilax-Bene Gesserit ways of analyzing everything in it.

    RépondreSupprimer