Pages

16 septembre 2015

Which RPG book keeps falling from your hands?

Which RPG book keeps falling from your hands? You want to read it, you guess you'd love the game, but you just can't bring yourself to read the whole book.

Mine is Night's Black Agents, and I tried the original and the French edition :/

13 commentaires:

  1. Me ?
    Within (french horror RPG). I cannot go behond the 20 first pages (dunno why)

    Gherhartd Sildoenfein I have a Fate conversion of NBA brewing up somewhere in the comming months. Maybe it will help a little bit .... (but you would still have a lot of background to cover in the gumshoe/original version).

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Diaspora. I own it. I want to play it. It's just that it's a Fate game, and I had Spirit of the Century long ago, and have all of Fate Core now, so I'm dreading re-reading all of the Fate rules printed within just to make sure I don't miss anything that makes this one different.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Boo Luke Wayland​. I love reading Monsterhearts. For me it's Burning Wheel. I just can't get more than a few pages in.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Some French games are published in hand-writing font which makes them nigh impossible to read but the one I really can't get on with is Mountain Witch.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. There's a few. Apocalypse World is the first that springs to mind. The writing style and layout were immediate turn offs. Burning Wheel is another; it just can't seem to hold me past a chapter or two.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Kassidy Helfant and diaspora really is a different implementation of fate... honestly though, I'd keep setting and character gen and use fate 3 for the rest.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Lords of Gossamer and Shadow. I love the core system. The more modern presentation appeals to me, having first learned ADRPG from the very 90s original books. But I just haven't been able to get into it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Michael Phillips Sweet, a quick summary! You just made my laziness a heck of a lot easier. Thanks, I'll take another crack at reading just setting and character-gen. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Kassidy Helfant since Fate is fractal that really applies to any fate game. Once you know the basic mechanisms, it isn't hard to move from one implementation to another. More than half of the Diaspora book is "here is a mini game to resolve this sort of conflict, but feel free to use the basic system instead."

    I'd be perfectly happy stripping the Traveler style world creation out and pasting it onto FAE, but if you want more detail, core works well too. (well, the money condition track could also come along)

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Chris Stone-Bush  I know! right ? Burning wheel is also in my "pfff need to read" pile

    RépondreSupprimer