Pages

29 janvier 2016

I wonder if anybody did ever purposefully and successfully design a game using Cunningham’s law?


I wonder if anybody did ever purposefully and successfully design a game using Cunningham’s law? Designing visibly incoherent or wrong rules to incite the players (or other designers) to houserule it to awesomeness.

(In French, we say “Prêcher le faux pour savoir le vrai”, to proclaim falsehoods to know the truth.)

7 commentaires:

  1. Weeell... oh! wait... The important word here is purposefully, right? :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I know of one or two games where the rules were made in the hope that people would understand they needed to be broken.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I guess, Matthijs Holter, that revealing the games' name would spoil them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I did forget about this one. Not exactly what I meant, but close to the mark.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I believe they call that the "Reverse Monopoly".

    RépondreSupprimer